*Resolved by Microsoft as of March 22, 2021
We have recently been made aware of an issue occurring when printing from Revit to PDF.
The type of PDF plotter doesn't matter (Bluebeam, Foxit, CutePDF, Microsoft, etc.), as they all end up having the same text scrambling issue.
At the moment, both Bluebeam and Autodesk have confirmed that it is a printing problem related to the recent Windows KB updates - KB5000802 and KB5000808 - and Microsoft has issued a retraction of the update.
You will need to install the new updates, or, if your organization permissions doesn't let you do so, you will need to uninstall those specified updates.
Troubleshooting Steps - Install New Updates
Here are the steps:
- Type in - Windows Updates - and check to see if you have any updates
- If you are on v.2004/20H2 of Windows, look for - KB5001649
- If you are on v.1909 of Windows, look for - KB5001648
- If it's managed by your organization or you can't get the update through Step 1, do the following:
- Once you have it installed, it'll more than likely ask you to restart your computer. Do so, then retest your files.
Troubleshooting Steps - Uninstall Old Updates
Here are the steps:
- Type in - Windows Update settings - in the Windows Search Bar
- Click on - View Update History
- Click on - Uninstall updates
- Control Panel will launch
- Scroll down until you find the problematic update
- Highlight the problematic update by clicking on it
- At the top, click - Uninstall
- Restart your computer
- Retest your file
If you aren't able to uninstall from the instructions above or do not have those updates listed, you will need to contact your IT and ask them to roll back Windows to the version prior to when you noticed the issue emerging, or ask them to force the new update install.
If you are still having issues, please log a ticket to us at - https://support.a2ktechnologies.com.au/hc/en-au/requests/new - and provide a bit of information:
- Screenshot of your current Windows Updates from Control Panel;
- Troubleshooting steps already attempted.