Launching your Autodesk software produces errors similar to the following, that is more than likely due to updates.
- License Manager Not Functioning or Not Properly Installed
- Licensing Error: Please Contact Autodesk Support
- Establish an Internet Connection
- License Checkout Timed Out
Autodesk released a Transport License Security (TLS) update back in August 2019. Users who did not update to the latest releases specified by Autodesk can experience licensing issues, as well as experience launching issues with their software.
When/if it’ll happen is hard to know, however, it’s best to update to the latest as specified here: https://autode.sk/2s5Tf89
Have a look through that article and match your software and software version with their necessary updates. Cross-check to make sure you have all of the necessary updates necessary.
We have seen this happen a lot on AutoCAD and Revit 2020 software in particular, but it does affect most software as well.
Updates you will need for Revit 2020 (as an example):
- Revit 2020.2
- Autodesk Licensing Service - 18.104.22.1681 - Update
- Autodesk Licensing Service (x64) - 5.1.5 Hotfix 1
The first place we would recommend cross-checking is updating them all to the latest version either through:
- Autodesk Desktop App
- Download latest and it'll install automatically.
- Management Portal
- Go to - manage.autodesk.com - under "Product Updates".
- Download and manually launch the installer to install.
Windows Updates should also be double-checked as some of them are necessary for the security updates of Autodesk software.
- Type "Windows Updates" in the Windows Search Bar to check for those.
- Could also have pending installs or restarts. If you have to restart, do so, then check again to make sure there aren't anymore.
Usually, it’s as easy as the above, however, in some rare cases, we have also seen some clients having to take extra measures for alleviating these errors. Autodesk has released the following article to solve the licensing issues: https://autode.sk/35SJsRo