Windows v2004 Causing Autodesk Product Issues
Support - A2K Technologies
We have started to see a few clients moving onto Version 2004 of Windows in the last few weeks with various issues.
- CAD not launching;
- Revit performance deterioration;
- Products not installing with various failure warnings;
- Products crashing on start-up with error pop-ups.
At the moment, we can see the issue lies in the C++ Libraries getting corrupted during the Windows Update.
If it's a FRESH INSTALL, we recommend the following steps:
- Uninstall C++ Libraries (C++ libraries will install on their own with the software installation);
- Clean uninstall the software in question;
- Run MSFixIt to clean up any registries and straggling files (sometimes there are multiple instances, so run MSFixIt until they are all clear);
- Reboot your computer;
- Reinstall the software using the Browser Method.
If it's a product that was ALREADY INSTALLED and started to act up, we recommend the following steps:
- Repair C++ Libraries;
- If it's still not working, un/reinstall C++ libraries;
- If still not working, Repair the product through Control Panel;
- If still not working, run a Reinstall through the Control Panel.