Revit - How to export a Revit family title block from project A to project B
Posted by Kent Watson on 13 October 2014 04:16 PM
Tip Title: How to export a Revit family title block from project A to project B.
Product: Revit 2015
Author: Florian Neumayr – Application Specialist
You want to export a Revit family or a Revit Title block Family from Project A to Project B.
1) use the RMB (right mouse button) when hovering above the family category in the project tree.
2) chose to save family
3) specify the folder where to save the family or families
4) specify what to save, all families or only a specific family.
5) then just load the family back into your project using the “Load Family” from the “Insert” tab.
6) Note: System families can only be copied from project A to project B when both projects are open.
7) go therefore to the “Manage” tab and chose to transfer project standards.