Revit - How to solve Revit and Google Earth connection issue
Posted by Kent Watson on 13 October 2014 03:50 PM
Tip Title: How to solve Revit and Google Earth connection issue
Product: Revit 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
Author: Florian Neumayr – Application Specialist
When this error message occur, but the Globe Link and also Google Earth is installed:
1. Look on your hard drive for the GEVersions.DAT file … You might find it here, see below. Then please open the file for editing with Notepad.
2. Also open your Registry using ‘regedit’ in the command line and go to: (32bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ (64bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
3. Look for the Google Earth registration.
4. Just add another line accordingly and save the GEVersions.DAT file.
5. Save the GEVersion.DAT file and the Globe Plug in shall find Google Earth from now on.